<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Now? Then? 

Know thy medium: My Chiotissa blog was a spinoff from my online posts about Guruji's 2002 NY workshop, direct transcription from my asana journal, when I kept one. I have made a few edits, included a few names and am sharing, again. How I quit smoking embarked on a daily Mysore practice finally found a teacher- and in the process, embarked on this new journey.

Since April of last year I have continued practicing and learning what I can, most days. I met Lino one day in NY and spent a glorious weekend in Woodstock with Nancy, but I always come back to Eddie. Guruji's NYworkshop this year was pivotal in cementing my decision to make the trip to Mysore, against more odds than I can count. Mari D is still a challenge, but one I have stopped fighting- I have new nemeses for that, namely Badhakonasana, Supta Kurma and, recently, the oft-dreaded but sometimes relished process of doing the stand-up/drop-back/stand-up thing. Hopefully, less scary-looking and more joyful with each passing day.

Me? I am Tina with an unpronouncable Greek-sounding last name. Living in New Yawk (or New Yuck, some days recently) City. Not sure when or what I will post, but I need this, so here it is. One spirally circle coming to an end and starting a new revolution in similar yet different directions.

How much difference a year makes. I am still me, but a changing me, armed with the certainty of what my path is, needs to be. It all goes back to the practice, doesn't it? And it all comes out from the practice, also.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?